4425 W. Airport Fwy., Suite 242
Irving, TX 75062

Irving Divorce Attorney

Highland Park divorce lawyer for child support and community property division

Grand Prairie Divorce Attorney for Division of Property and Child Custody

Choosing to file for divorce can be a difficult decision, but quite often, it is for the best. When you know that your marriage is no longer sustainable and begin divorce proceedings, there are a number of issues that will need to be addressed. Any marital assets will need to be identified and divided. If there are any children of the marriage, a custody plan and any child support needs must be addressed. The process can be difficult, even if your divorce is relatively amicable.

The Law Office of Dennis R. Croman, Inc. can help you through the entire process of your divorce, from the day of filing to the day a final decree is issued. We can even assist with enforcement and modification after your divorce has been finalized. With us, you can be sure that you will have a strong legal advocate protecting your interests throughout the entire divorce process.

Euless Lawyer for Division of Marital Property

Texas is a community property state, so any assets acquired during the marriage are owned equally by both spouses. This generally means that marital property is to be divided 50/50, barring any exceptions due to extenuating circumstances. In a marriage, it does not matter whose wages were used to purchase assets or whose name an asset is in if it was purchased using marital funds - which includes both spouses' earnings.

Any contributions made to a retirement savings account by either spouse during the course of the marriage are also considered marital property. Dividing a retirement account can be a difficult process, but it is something we can certainly do.

If you have any separate property of your own, we will make guarding that property a priority. Your separate property includes anything you already owned in your own name before the marriage, as well as any gifts or inheritances you received during the marriage.

The Law Office of Dennis R. Croman, Inc. will do everything we can to ensure that you receive your fair share of marital property during your divorce.

Legal Paths to Divorce in University Park

In some cases, especially if your parting is amicable, mediation is a good option for resolving disputes during your divorce. It can save you the time and expense of litigation. In other cases, we can negotiate a divorce settlement on your behalf with your spouse or your spouse's counsel.

However, in some cases, one spouse refuses to cooperate with the divorce proceedings and will not attend mediation or even negotiate in good faith. In these cases, our lawyer is well-prepared to aggressively litigate your divorce.

Attorney for Child Support and Custody in Coppell

If there are children involved, a custody plan will need to be made. We know that nothing is more important than your relationship with your children, and we will fight to maximize the time you get to spend with them after your divorce is finalized. Child custody proceedings are perhaps the most important of all family law cases.

If you are the primary custodian, your children may be entitled to receive financial child support from their other parent. We will enforce that right to the best of our ability so that your children can be well provided for.

A guardian ad litem may be appointed in some divorce cases, particularly if reaching an agreement about custody and visitation proves impossible. This is because your children come first. Like the courts, our lawyer will help you protect your child's interests.

Call a Highland Park Divorce Attorney

If you are going through a divorce, The Law Office of Dennis R. Croman, Inc. can provide you with quality, aggressive legal representation. Even if your divorce is not too contentious, you still deserve to be represented by counsel who can help you reach a fair result. Contact our Irving divorce lawyer online or call 972-887-3072 for a free consultation.

Back to Top