4425 W. Airport Fwy., Suite 242
Irving, TX 75062

Irving Child Support Lawyer

Euless child support attorney for divorcing or unmarried parents

Grand Prairie Family Law Attorney Helping Parents With Child Support Concerns

Your children have the right to receive support from both of their legal parents. The process of getting a court order for child support can take several forms depending on a few factors. In some cases, paternity must be established first. In other cases, child support issues are incident to divorce proceedings and custody concerns. In any family law matter concerning children, the children and their best interests must come first.

No matter what your situation may be, The Law Office of Dennis R. Croman, Inc. will fight for your children's rights and interests. Both parents have a duty to provide financial support for their children, regardless of the decisions made about child custody. Our lawyer is adept at handling these often sensitive and stressful cases. We will do everything in our power to help you make sure that your children are getting the support they deserve.

Attorney for Child Support Related to Divorce Cases in Farmers Branch

When married parents are going through a divorce, issues concerning the children must be decided. Generally, one parent will be awarded primary custody in the interest of giving the children some stability. In most cases, this means that the noncustodial parent will be ordered to pay child support so that the custodial parent is better able to provide for the children's needs.

If you received a child support order in your divorce, but the other parent is not paying, our firm can help with the enforcement of your divorce decree. If your situation or the other parent's situation has changed since the divorce such that the original orders are no longer fair or reasonable, we can provide legal assistance with seeking a modification.

How Child Support Is Calculated in Texas

Child support is typically determined as a percentage of the noncustodial parent's monthly resources. Their resources include any earned income as well as other sources of funds, such as stock market earnings and interest from other accounts. The number of children is also factored in - the percentage of monthly resources owed increases for each child being supported.

However, the court may order a different amount if there are extenuating circumstances. For example, a child may have a disability or significant medical needs, and parents may need to contribute toward additional expenses in these cases. If the other parent has failed to support their children, the court may order "arrears," or back payment for child support that should have been paid previously.

Lawyer for Child Support for Unmarried Parents

In some child support cases, the first step will be establishing the child's legal parentage. There are several ways for unmarried parents - generally mothers - to go about this. We will discuss your legal options with you and select the one that makes sense in your situation.

Children of unmarried parents have the same right to be financially supported as the children of married parents, and support is calculated the same way. Often, there is a question of custody or visitation raised along with a petition for child support. We are prepared to represent you in any family law proceedings related to your children that may arise.

Call a Highland Park Child Support Attorney

The Law Office of Dennis R. Croman, Inc. wants to help you offer your children all the support they deserve by holding the other parent accountable for child support. We will assess your case and help you determine the best way to pursue financial support for your children. Call us at 972-887-3072 or contact us online for a free consultation.

Back to Top